Pages

Search This Blog

Monday 31 August 2009

Leah Thorn - Prison Project Performance Poet

Leah is a spoken-word poet and workshop facilitator, known for her passion and compassion.
Her writing has been anthologised in England and in the USA, in publications such as Bridges US Jewish feminist journal, the Apples & Snakes anthology Velocity, The Journal of Holocaust Education, The Open Page International Women & Theatre Journal and The Jewish Quarterly.

Here she talks about her new film: "I am a spoken word poet and My Amulet is my first film, My Amulet features an extract from my performance piece kin’a’hora and explores my personal take on aspects of Anglo-Jewish Ashkenazi [Eastern European] identity and assimilation. The visuals are a combination of my family’s cine film from the 1960’s and 70’s and footage of me performing the poem to camera." Leah Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment